Here we describe how you use your own computer to interact with department and campus computing resources. Our services integrate well into a wide variety of preferences and workflows.
- Do you need to open a terminal and run commands on your local computer? Refer to open-a-terminal.
- Do you want to connect to the command-line of a remote machine? Refer to ssh.
- Do you want to copy files between your computer and a remote machine? Refer to scp.
- Do you want to make a remote directory available as if it where just another drive on your machine? Refer to mounting a network drive.
- Are you working from an off-campus Internet connection? Refer to vpn.
- Not sure which text editor to use? Refer to plain text editors.