Computer Science Club
The UW-L student chapter of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) hosts nationally recognized speakers, arranges field trips, sponsors programming contest teams, and organizes social events/LAN parties. Note that this organization is on hold until there is sufficient student interest in reinvigorating the club.
- URL: https://uwlmyorgs.campuslabs.com/engage/organization/computerscienceclub
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty Advisor: Professor Jason Sauppe, 207 Wing Technology Center
CODERS is a student group dedicated to community outreach, diversity, and facilitating an inclusive community within the CS department. We welcome students who wish to share their passion for computing with peers and the greater community through social, professional development, and community events with organizations like the public library, Girl Scouts, and local FIRST robotics teams.
- URL: https://uwlmyorgs.campuslabs.com/engage/organization/coders
- Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faculty Advisors: Professor Samantha Foley and Professor Allison Sauppé
This club gives students access to tools and training for working on electronics, 3D printing, and other coding projects. You might get excited about projects in classes, but nothing beats the drive for completing your own creative project. The club is a social atmosphere that embraces the spirit of creation. More importantly, the club gives you the training and access to equipment to make your creative ideas possible. Additionally, this club provides an opportunity for any non-CS major to learn and tinker with subjects outside their major. This club gives students the opportunity to C.R.E.A.T.E.
- URL: https://uwlmyorgs.campuslabs.com/engage/organization/makeshift
- Email: email@example.com
- Faculty Advisors: Professor Elliott Forbes, 219 Wing Technology Center