Prof. Josh Hursey compiled a dependency diagram for CS courses, which can be found here. Some additional useful links can be found below.

Computer Science Major Requirements

College of Science and Health Core Requirements

University General Education Requirements

Minor Requirements

Academic Eligibility

Frequently Asked Questions

  1. I'm a CS major and I want to register for the 5-year dual degree program. What do I need to do?
    First, you should read through the program description to know what is expected in the 5-year program.
    Second, it is recommended that you talk with Prof. Tom Gendreau or Prof. Kasi Periyasamy to discuss the program and determine whether it is the right fit for you.
    Third, to get officially registered for the 5-year program, you would need to fill out a change of major form, which can be found in the College Office (205 Graff Main Hall).
  2. What changes after I register for the 5-year program?
    The biggest change is that you will not take CS 341 as an undergraduate, and instead will take CS 741. Successfully completing CS 741 will provide credit towards the CS 341 requirement of your Bachelor's degree, along with the requirements of your Master's degree.
  3. Can I drop out of the 5-year program and switch back to just the Bachelor's degree in Computer Science?
    Yes, you can switch back to the Bachelor's program by completing a change of major form.

Last modified: 2019-06-05