- This month at PAIR,
February 14, 2017.
Earlier this month at the PAIR workshop, I presented “String shuffling over a gap between parsing and plan recognition.”
- Now at La Crosse,
August 1, 2016.
I’ve moved to La Crosse, Wisconsin, and started full-time at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
- CS120 Project 5,
November 29, 2017.
A GUI for your date calculator
- CS120 Midterm 3 scope,
November 28, 2017.
Sections 7.15-7.20, and Chapters 9-11 are in scope for Midterm 3
- CS120 Project 4 question,
You may not use external classes like Date or Calendar on this project
- Questions on CS220 Assignment 5,
December 11, 2017.
I’ll update this post as more questions arrive.
- A test case for CS220 Assignment 5 — updated Dec. 11,
December 5, 2017.
Here is a test case for Assignment 5
- CS220 Assignment 5: Sparseness,
December 1, 2017.
General specification for a series of assignments
- Why is functional programming seen as the opposite of OOP rather than an addition to it?,
March 26, 2018.
Essay by Alan Kay on Quora
- The sociology of participation,
June 28, 2017.
From Chronicle Vitae: creating a successful learning environments is not up to only the professor
- Why you need a writing group,
June 15, 2017.
From the Chronicle: “The isolating and competitive atmosphere of academia is enough to produce anxiety and depression in many a doctoral student.”
- More than just the programmer,
October 17, 2016.
James Hague has an interesting post on joining a work culture as a programmer.
- Freelancing as a student,
September 6, 2016.
The advantages to starting your career now.